Friday, September 20, 2013

[VeganMoFo] Day 20: Teacup Peanut Sauce

Sometimes you just need a little sauce, not a lot. Of course, you could always make more than you need, and save the rest for later...or, you could just make a little sauce!

Enter: teacup!

little green teacup with peanut sauce in it


1 Tbsp peanut butter
1 Tbsp soy sauce or Bragg's liquid aminos
1 Tbsp rice vinegar
1-2 tsp nutritional yeast
1 tsp ginger powder
1 tsp sriracha

Put all the ingredients in a teacup. Whisk 'em.

little green teacup with peanut sauce in it, view from above

I had some frozen dumplings which I pan-fried and then dunked in this sauce. It was just the right amount for an 8-dumpling dinner (for someone who likes sauce a LOT :-) )

plate of crispy-brown pan fried dumplings


Fun Fact: If you take the word "peanut", turn the "n" on its side, and shuffle the letters...you get "teacup"!

5 comments:

  1. Yum, peanut sauce sounds like a fun addition to the dumplings! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find I often make sauces and forget the leftovers in the fridge. I love your idea of smaller portions. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing! Thank you for the great idea! I happened upon you via randomofo.com and I gotta say, the space theme in general is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those dumplings look yummy. I don't have any teacups because I always like a mugful of hot drink, but I do the same thing with wine glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome -- I'm the only one in the house who likes peanut sauce, so this is perfect for me. :D

    ReplyDelete