Sunday, September 8, 2013

[VeganMoFo!] Day 8: The Caper of the Chunky Monkey, episode 2

 photo mofo13_zps4a060c64.jpg
It's VeganMoFo! What's VeganMoFo? Find out at http://www.veganmofo.com

Previously on CQ's Vegan Food! In Space!: Yesterday I posted about my preliminary attempts at Chunky Monkey Cookies. I mentioned that they were no-bake cookies, and that I would report in on their effectiveness after they'd sat overnight.

AND NOW, THE CONCLUSION!

They are not no-bake cookies. I came back this morning, poked 'em, and they just sort of...globbed at me.

Not to be outdone, I fired up the oven and baked them for 10 minutes at 350F. I let them cool, then put them in a giant tupperware container and brought them to my a cappella group's rehearsal. The container was full when I went to rehearsal, with about 35-40 cookies in it. This is what the container looked like at the end of rehearsal:


This is because I realized, toward the end of rehearsal, that I hadn't actually eaten a cookie myself, so I made a mad dash, grabbed the container with the last cookie in it, and disappeared into the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment